new orleans’ premier
personal injury lawyer
Posted in Our Blog,Traumatic Brain Injuries on October 9, 2016
There is nothing worse than the thought of a loved one suffering a serious injury. For example, a traumatic brain injury can change a person’s life forever. While there is no way of knowing the exact impact of a traumatic brain injury, there are some long-term effects that are consistent with this type of injury. Of course, this depends on many factors, such as:
– The severity of the injury.
– The age and overall health of the person when he or she was injured.
– The types of functions that were affected by the injury.
– The amount of time between the injury and treatment.
– The type of treatment the person has received.
– The type of ongoing treatment that is available.
Since no two people are identical, since no two people share the exact same situation, there’s no way of knowing for certain what will happen in the months and years that follow a traumatic brain injury.
However, there are several key areas that can be affected:
– Thinking and cognition.
– Mood and behavior.
– Senses and perception of what’s going on around them.
– Motor skills.
If you’re caring for a person who has suffered a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to provide him or her with the best possible chance at making a full recovery. This means finding the best medical help and implementing a treatment and recovery strategy that is known to yield positive results.
Due to the cost of follow-up treatment, it may make sense to learn more about your legal rights, such as if the injury was caused by the negligence of another person. If so, you may want to pursue a claim for compensation.