new orleans’ premier
personal injury lawyer
Posted in Our Blog on March 27, 2017
Depending on your job, you may have concerns regarding your safety and well being. In other words, you worry that you could become injured at some point.
There are many types of injuries that can cause neck pain, including but not limited to:
– Whiplash. This occurs when your head suddenly moves forward and back, such as if you’re in a vehicle that is struck from behind. This can cause damage to the muscles, ligaments and tissues in your neck.
– Repetitive strain. This happens over time, such as if you work at a computer day in and day out.
– Sprains and strains. These are among the most common types of neck injuries, with both leading to pain and discomfort.
– Disk injury. There are many causes of this injury, with heavy lifting among the most common. Many people who work in a warehouse have suffered this type of injury.
– Spinal cord damage. The most serious type of neck injury, this can be the result of a slip and fall or falling from height. In some cases, spinal cord damage can lead to permanent paralysis.
If you suffer any type of neck injury on the job, do these three things:
– Report the injury to your employer.
– Receive immediate medical attention.
– Learn more about your rights, such as if you are able to file a workers’ compensation claim.
Many people, regardless of the type of neck injury, find that they need to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. The money they receive allows them to get by until they can return to work.